Best platforms to create a nutrition blog
Are you interested in starting a nutrition blog, where you can showcase your knowledge, the services you offer, and your recipes? We will tell you the best platforms you can use.
Blogging is a key component of any present-day business marketing strategy since it helps get more online visibility. A blog is a marketing medium (similar to social media sites, email marketing, direct mail, etc.) that assists in supporting business growth.
In this article, we will be showing you how a nutrition blog can help grow your virtual nutrition practice, how to choose the right platform for you, and present you with a comparison of the most used tools.
How can a good nutrition blog help your practice?
Did you know that frequently posting important content will make your practice website have more indexed pages on Google when comparing to a regular website?
Check all the advantages that having a blog can bring to your practice:
- Helps drive traffic to your web – each time you write a blog post, it is one more indexed page on your site, meaning one more opportunity is added for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website in organic search.
- Helps convert traffic into leads – now that traffic is diverted your way, you have a chance to transform that web traffic into leads. Like how each article you compose adds to an extra indexed page, every post is a brand new chance to create new leads. All you need to do is leave a lead-generating call-to-action to each one of your blogs. Like this one below:
Not using Nutrium yet?
Nutrium helps nutrition professionals manage their practice and create a nutrition website for free.
- Helps establish authority – if you are constantly creating content that is valuable to your target audience, it will help establish you as an authority in their eyes.
- Produces long-term results – once your blog is out there, it will keep generating views for a very long time. That blog post will also eventually start ranking in the search engines for days, weeks, months, or even years to come. This means that you can continue to get website traffic and leads.
How to choose the best platform for your nutrition blog
If you are looking to start a blog but are unsure of how to choose a blogging platform that will best fit your needs, then you should start out by comparing the pros and cons of the following most popular options.
But before we dive into the options, here’s what you should be looking for in a blogging platform, especially if you are a beginner:
- Easy to setup and user-friendly;
- Allows easy addition of features in the long run. As your practice and blog grow, you will want to change its layout and add more features for your increasing audience. That means it is important to choose a platform that allows room for expansion;
- Comes with a monetizing option. Even if you do not have any plans to make money from your blog, it is still a good idea to always have that option available if you change your mind later on.
With that in mind, let’s begin!
What is the best platform for you to create your nutrition blog?
There are many options, so we’ve laid out what you should be paying attention to when deciding which platform to choose.
|Support||FAQ, online support|
blog and e-mail
blog and e-mail
|Personalization||Some options||Many options||Many options||Some options||Few options|
editor, appt bookings integrated
SEO and intuitive
|Check here||Check here||Check here||Check here|
|Free trial||Free version||Free version||Free version||Free trial||Free trial|
Nutrium Nutrition Website
Nutrium is nutrition software for professionals, including a website builder with the possibility for professionals to write blog posts and upload their recipes.
If you don't have time or don't know about creating your own blog, Nutrium does this for you with one click.
Check here how to quickly set it up. And see here how the blog posts will look like.
WordPress.org is an open-source software platform that enables you to build your blog or website on your own entirely for free. It is a self-hosted solution with a reasonable amount of customization.
You can also grow your blog and add additional features such as an online store, forums, and membership options to it. You also get access to over 45,000 free plugins that allow you to add all kinds of new features.
If you have zero knowledge of website management, you will find WordPress rather intimidating. Plus, you will have to manage your security and backup on your own.
If HTML 5 is important to you, then Wix is worth checking out because it claims to be the only drag-and-drop-website-building platform with HTML5 capabilities. Additionally, you will find more than 500 designer-made templates along with extra features and apps.
With a free Wix account, you get 1GB bandwidth and 500MB storage. You can get additional bandwidth, Google Analytics, and other features such as your own domain for a premium account.
Nobody really knows how they will want to display their content in a couple of years, which is why Contentful offers a way to separate your articles from your design.
This is known as the API-first approach, so your content is basically stored on its servers, and you can call it into any platform or design you like. So if you wish to build an entirely different site in the near future, it is easy to integrate everything in as it is set up to be portable from the beginning.
Ghost is a fully open-source, adaptable platform for building and running an online publication. Ghost is a simple and modern alternative to WordPress and provides a great writing experience.
It's fully open to being themed and modified to suit your needs and your style. You can integrate any third-party services that you already use and control the exact experience which you want your readers to have.
They have support for search engine optimization and social sharing features. You don’t need any extra plugins or extensions, and you don’t need to write any extra code.
Among the many blogging platforms, research and see which one best suits your needs. Choose one that's easy to use, powerful and flexible. With a little help from our tips and the internet, you should manage these platforms with ease. And then you will be ready to start your nutrition blog!