How can Nutrium Care help overcome remote work challenges?
Remote work can prove beneficial for many reasons, but research shows that it may not be all it’s cracked up to be. Here’s how you can use Nutrium Care to help your employees overcome remote work challenges and further benefit their health.
Thanks to the events of the past few years, it’s clear that remote work is here to stay. While working from home has its perks (such as no commute time), studies have found that remote employees tend to be more productive, take fewer sick days, and have a higher retention rate.
However, remote working may not be all it’s cracked up to be. One of the biggest challenges remote employees tend to face is unplugging after work, with loneliness, outside distractions, time management, coordinating time zones, lack of face-to-face time, staying motivated other hurdles .
These remote work challenges can often lead to poor work/life balance, burnout, weight gain, sleep deprivation, and increased anxiety. So, how can you, as an employer, help your employees improve their health, be more productive, and enhance their quality of life?
Before discussing how Nutrium Care can benefit your company, let’s break down some of these remote work challenges and the health implications surrounding them.
Remote work challenge: Change in eating habits
One challenge with working from home is a change in eating habits. Studies have found that 44% of people are eating more now that they are doing remote work, and when coupled with isolation, stressful work schedules and unsettling world events, it can lead to weight gain .
This change in eating habits could be attributed to more accessible snacks throughout the day, as well as mindless eating tendencies while working on projects or having a late night phone call. There is also no one else around to notice these eating habits, so it can be all too easy to overeat.
Remote work challenge: Lack of physical activity
Working from home can lead to a more sedentary lifestyle. Instead of walking a few thousand steps while commuting between work, a remote employee’s daily physical activity may be limited from the bed to a nearby desk without much another movement during the day.
Remote work challenge: Poor work/life balance
Another major remote work challenge is having a good work/life balance since being at home all day can make it hard to stop working. Working and living in the same space can also blur the lines and make it difficult to separate personal life from the home office.
Here are some ways that a poor work/life balance can negatively affect employees.
- Burnout: An estimated 75% of people have experienced .
- Poor sleep: Studies have found that 40% of remote workers have been sleeping less, experiencing poor sleep quality, and are increasing the use of sleeping pills .
- Increased anxiety: Since shifting to remote work, studies show heightened levels of stress and anxiety among workers. 66% of remote workers say that they struggle with remote work anxiety and decreased productivity, while 54% said remote work anxiety makes them feel exhausted, lethargic or have difficulty sleeping .
Generally speaking, physical exercise and improved eating habits can have a positive impact on your employee’s overall health and well-being.
How can Nutrium Care help?
You can help your employees overcome remote work challenges by giving them access to tools they need to manage their health and wellness goals.
This is where Nutrium Care comes in! We help improve your employees’ health by addressing sleep issues, weight management, bad eating habits, and much more. Here’s how the program works:
- Online appointments with nutrition experts. Each employee can choose a specialized nutritionist and have their first online nutrition appointment. The nutritionist creates a personalized plan and works with employees to help them achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Direct access to a nutritionist. After the first appointment, employees can communicate directly with the nutritionist at any time with the Nutrium mobile app. They also have their meal plan always at hand and receive important notifications to remind them to eat or drink water.
- Educational materials. The entire process is accompanied by relevant information for a healthier life, through newsletters, webinars, and personalized workshops, created especially for each company.
The program has proven to have great results in different companies, bringing value both to employees (by improving their health), and to the companies (by improving talent attraction and retention and decreasing costs related to health and absenteeism).
Remote work can prove beneficial for many reasons, but working from home can present certain challenges, since a poor work/life balance, burnout, weight gain, sleep deprivation, and increased anxiety can wreak havoc on your employees’ health. As an employer, you can use Nutrium Care to help your employees overcome remote work challenges, manage their health and wellness goals, and enjoy their job more.
- 10 Common Remote Work Challenges (+ Solutions). Retrieved October 28, 2022 from ventureharbour.com
- State Of Remote Work 2019. Retrieved October 28, 2022 from https://buffer.com
- Health Behaviors and Associated Feelings of Remote Workers During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Retrieved October 28, 2022 from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Addressing Neck and Back Pain When You’re Working from Home. Retrieved October 28, 2022 from https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org
- Physical inactivity. Retrieved October 28, 2022 from https://www.cdc.gov
- 7 Remote Work Challenges and How to Overcome Them. Retrieved October 28, 2022 from https://www.makeuseof.com
- We’re Still Working From Home. And We Still Can’t Sleep. Retrieved October 28, 2022 from https://www.sleepfoundation.org
- Remote Work Anxiety is Real. Here's How to Help Employees Who Have It. Retrieved October 28, 2022 from https://www.entrepreneur.com