How well-being programs affect employer branding
Employer branding is essential to attract and retain top talent, as well as improve employee engagement and satisfaction. Here are some ways that you can implement employee wellness and employee well-being into your employer branding strategy.
Implementing well-being programs into your employer branding strategy is one way to help your employees feel more engaged, satisfied, and loyal to the company. These programs can also demonstrate the company's commitment to employees’ health and well-being, which may in turn improve retention, boost your bottom line, and entice new talent to work at your company.
But what exactly is employer branding and why should you focus on it? Here’s what you need to know about the importance of employer branding strategy, how to create a strong employer brand and the impact it has on employee wellbeing.
What is employer branding?
Employer branding refers to the reputation you have as an employer among your employees and the workforce, and the strategies used to enhance that image and reputation. This can include things like promoting the company culture, highlighting employee benefits and perks, and emphasizing the company's values and mission to potential job candidates.
Ultimately, the goal of employer branding is to attract and retain top talent, as well as to improve employee engagement and satisfaction.
Why does the future of the employer brand start with employee well-being?
Employee well-being encompasses physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being. When an employer prioritizes employee well-being, they are creating an environment that supports employee engagement, productivity, retention, and overall job satisfaction.
And the facts continue to back these statements up. One survey found that employees who are in a good state of well-being tend to have better job performance, whereas another survey shows that happy employees are 20% more productive in the workplace than unhappy ones. On the flip side, it’s estimated that 75% of unsatisfied employees want to leave their current roles.
This is why the future of employer branding starts with employee well-being. When employees feel that their well-being is valued by their employer, they are more likely to be loyal and advocate for the company to others, which can also help to improve the company's reputation and boost the bottom line.
Becoming a company that really cares
You can become a company that really cares about employees by listening to and understanding their needs. This can lead to healthy employees, increased engagement and satisfaction, improved retention, and a positive reputation as an employer and company.
Here are some ways that you can become a company that really cares about your employees’ overall well-being.
- Prioritize employee health and safety: Implement policies and procedures that promote employee physical and mental health, and provide resources and support for employees who may be struggling.
- Offer competitive compensation and benefits: Provide employees with fair compensation, benefits packages, and opportunities for career development and advancement.
- Foster a positive work-life balance: Allow employees to have flexible schedules and work arrangements, and provide support for employees who may be dealing with personal or family issues.
- Encourage open and transparent communication: Create an open and transparent work environment where employees feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and ideas and where they feel heard and valued.
- Foster a sense of community: Encourage employee engagement and collaboration, and create opportunities for employees to get to know one another outside the workplace.
- Prioritize employee development: Provide training and development opportunities that help employees grow and advance in their careers.
- Listen and act on employee feedback: Regularly gather feedback from employees and take action on their suggestions and concerns.
- Recognize and reward employees: Show appreciation for employees' hard work and contributions, and acknowledge their achievements through bonuses, incentives, and other forms of recognition.
Make your workplace comfortable, healthy, and happy
Another important aspect of employee well-being is having a work environment conducive to your employee’s mental and physical health goals. This is regardless of if your employees are working from the office or from a remote location. Here are some ideas for making your workplace comfortable, healthy, and happy.
- Have office decorations or fun Zoom backgrounds
- Make healthy snacks and water easily available at the office
- Promote team-building activities (whether virtual or in-person)
- Offer employee wellness programs, such as Nutrium Care
How would you engage more employees to participate in employer branding?
Here are some ideas for how you can engage more employees to participate in employer branding.
- Make it a part of the company culture: Encourage all employees to take pride in their company and to share positive experiences with others.
- Encourage employee feedback: Create an open and transparent environment where employees feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and ideas.
- Recognize and reward employees: Show appreciation for those who actively participate in employer branding efforts and make it a part of their job responsibilities.
- Provide opportunities for professional development: Offer training and development opportunities that help employees grow and advance in their careers.
- Lead by example: Managers and leaders should actively participate in employer branding efforts and set the tone for the rest of the organization.
- Create a sense of ownership: Give employees a sense of ownership in the company, so they feel invested in its success, by involving them in decisions that affect the company.
- Show your values: Have the company organize or participate in an event that benefits a good cause.
- Be present and active on social media. Social media is a great way to encourage camaraderie, boost your reputation, and share important events, interviews, or features.
- Implement employee surveys. Employee surveys can help you better understand the employee’s perceptions, preferences, and engagement. This will help tailor your employer branding efforts and ensure that the efforts are aligned with the employees' needs.
How Nutrium Care can help with employee wellness
By giving your employees access to tools they need to manage their health and wellness goals, you can positively affect employer branding and boost employee well-being.
With Nutrium Care, we help improve your employees’ health by addressing sleep issues, physical activity, weight management, chronic diseases, bad eating habits, and more. We also can provide a health plan to help your employees reach their health and wellness goals.
Here’s how the program works:
- Online appointments with nutrition experts. Each employee can choose a specialized nutritionist and have their first online nutrition appointment. The nutritionist creates a personalized plan and works with employees to help them achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Direct access to a nutritionist. After the first appointment, employees can communicate directly with the nutritionist at any time with the Nutrium mobile app. They also have their meal plan always at hand and receive important notifications to remind them to eat or drink water.
- Educational materials. The entire process is accompanied by relevant information for a healthier life, through newsletters, webinars, and personalized workshops, created especially for each company.
Contact us if you’re interested in adding Nutrium Care to your business strategy!
Employee well-being is essential to a company's success because it helps to attract and retain top talent, increases employee engagement and productivity, and enhances the company's reputation as a desirable place to work. You can improve employer branding by understanding your employees’ wants and needs, showcasing your company values, creating a sense of ownership, rewarding employees, and leading by example.
- Employer Branding: What It Is and How To Build It for Your Business. Retrieved January 20, 2023 from https://blog.hubspot.com
- How does Worker Well-being Impact Employee Performance? Retrieved January 20, 2023 from https://opensourcedworkplace.com
- Why are happy employees more productive in the workplace? Retrieved January 20, 2023 from https://www.wellsteps.com
- A Good Investment: How Keeping Employees Happy Benefits Business. Retrieved January 20, 2023 from https://www.business.com
- Employer branding and recruitment: the ultimate guide. Retrieved January 20, 2023 from https://www.recright.com