20 dietitians you should follow on Instagram
Instagram is one of the best places to get inspiration and stay connected with other nutrition professionals. But who should you follow? From diabetes experts to food freedom nutritionists, here are the top 20 dietitians you should follow on Instagram.
Following nutrition professionals on Instagram can be a great way to motivate you and give you ideas for your own business. It’s also a good opportunity to further your knowledge on certain topics, get inspired, and be surrounded by other dietitians. But with so many on the platform, how do you know who to follow?
We’ve done some digging to find the best dietitians to follow on Instagram. From intuitive eating to gut health, sports nutrition, and picky eaters, there is something for everyone.
Intuitive eating dietitians to follow on Instagram
Intuitive eating is getting in the spotlight. As a dietitian, you may have clients approach you for nutritional support after they have repetitively tried different fad diets without experiencing long-term results.
Tip: Here’s how dietitians can use intuitive eating principles to help clients who may be struggling with an eating disorder.
These are some of the best Instagram profiles of dietitians who focus on this topic.
Abbey Sharp, RDN
- Instagram handle: @abbeyskitchen
- About: Abbey is a food and recipe writer, Youtube host, TV personality, and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc. Her nutrition philosophy revolves around breaking diet culture and helping women have a pleasurable relationship with food. Her Instagram account is filled with science-backed food and nutrition information.
Sammy Previte, RDN
- Instagram handle: @find.food.freedom
- About: Sammy is a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, Certified Personal Trainer, and the owner of Find Food Freedom. She helps others create peace with food and believes food was made to provide our bodies with nourishment and pleasure.
Miranda Galati, RDN
- Instagram handle: @real.life.nutritionist
- About: Miranda is passionate about helping women find balance with food, improve digestion, feel confident, and never diet again.
Cara Harbstreet, RDN
- Instagram handle: @streetsmartnutrition
- About: Cara is a HAES dietitian, and shares recipes, engaging reels, and thought-provoking posts on her feed.
It is not always easy to enter the world of entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurial topics (like managing a business, marketing, and accounting) are rarely mentioned in a science-focused nutrition program. This gap in education may feel frustrating, but these profiles are certain to help you.
Deanna Wolfe, MS, RDN
- Instagram handle: @dietitiandeanna
- About: Deanna is passionate about intuitive eating, overcoming food rules and body confidence. She also helps other nutrition professionals grow and scale their online private practice through her online entrepreneur academy course. Her Instagram account features everything from nutrition tips to business advice and comedy skits.
Brianna Fear-Keen, RDN
- Instagram handle: @theambitiousdietitian
- About: Brianna is the founder of The Ambitious Dietitian, and helps dietitians create a business they are passionate about. She offers courses that teach you how to attract your ideal clients, make more money and create a thriving practice. Moreover, her Instagram feed is full of quotes, reels, and inspiring messages.
Krista Kolodziejzyk, RDN, MBA
- Instagram handle: @kristako.rd and @dietitiansuccesscenter
- About: Krista is the founder of Dietitian Success Center, and offers affordable business-building tools to help scale your nutrition business. Her Instagram posts consist of handouts, ideas, and financial tips to take your business to the next level.
Lauren Schoenfeld, RDN
- Instagram handle: @lauraschoenfeldrd
- About: Lauren helps dietitians turn their passions into a thriving nutrition business. She also hosts a podcast, offers business courses, and shares some helpful tips on her Instagram page.
Whitney Bateson, RDN
- Instagram handle: @whitneybateson
- About: Whitney helps dietitians improve their websites to get more clients and appear at the top page of Google. Her Instagram account is filled with helpful tips and tricks for getting yourself out there and boosting your presence on the internet.
Also learn more about this topic with the articles we have for you, specially adapted to nutrition professionals.
Not using Nutrium yet?
Work online with the only tool you need in your nutrition business. Enjoy the 14-day trial.
Sports Dietitians to follow on Instagram
As a nutrition professional, it’s important to create realistic (and effective) meal plans that athletes can adhere to while enhancing sports performance.
Tip: Read on to get the best tips for how to create meal plans for athletes.
Here are some of the best profiles that talk about sports nutrition.
Leanne Ward, RDN
- Instagram handle: @the_fitness_dietitian
- About: Leanne is a sports dietitian and has a passion for living a balanced, healthy and active life. She specializes in coaching career-driven women to conquer emotional eating, heal their gut and stay lean.
Angie Asche, RDN
- Instagram handle: @eleatnutrition
- About: Angie is a Registered Dietitian who provides nutrition coaching for athletes and active people. She also helps people make healthy eating a part of their daily lifestyle.
Jessica Isaacs, RDN
- Instagram handle: @jessicathesportsrd
- About: Jessica is a Registered Dietitian who specializes in Performance Nutrition for competitive athletes and active people. She focuses on delivering nutrition recommendations that are easy to understand and apply. Her Instagram account provides sports nutrition recommendations and practical tips for anyone who wants to improve in the gym.
Rachael Devaux, RDN
- Instagram handle: @rachaelsgoodeats
- About: Rachael is a dietitian as well as a personal trainer. She has developed a cult following on Instagram thanks to her at-home workout guides, easy-to-follow recipes, and down-to-earth personality. She is the founder of Rachael’s Good Eats, and features many of her workouts and recipes on her Instagram feed.
When it comes to nutrition, everyone has their own special needs. Specialized nutrition focuses on specific conditions that can be helped by nutrition, such as allergies, thyroid problems, gut health, or diabetes. These are some profiles that will provide useful information about these topics.
Isabel Smith, MS, RDN
- Instagram handle: @isabelsmithnutrition
- About: Isabel works with clients in the areas of functional and integrative wellness. She specializes in hormonal balance, allergies, immune, thyroid, and digestive health, and blood sugar control.
Dr. Heather Finley, RDN
- Instagram handle: @drheatherfinley
- About: Heather approaches gut health from a functional nutrition perspective. She addresses underlying causes of symptoms and identifies lifestyle factors that could be contributing.
Erin Palinski-Wade, RDN
- Instagram handle: @erinpalinskiwade
- About: Erin is a certified diabetes educator who helps people with type 2 diabetes reverse insulin resistance and lower blood sugar. She shares recipes, helpful tips for lowering blood sugar, and more on her Instagram page.
Tuesday Hoelscher, RDN
- Instagram handle: @cancer.nutritionist.rd
- About: Tuesday has almost 10 years of education and experience in the field of nutrition. She is passionate about helping cancer survivors adopt a plant-based diet to reduce risk of recurrence. Tuesday helps people manage symptoms, reduce cancer and recurrence risk, and gain confidence in food choices.
Emily Timm, RDN
- Instagram handle: @endocrinenutritionist
- About: Emily is a Registered Dietitian who specializes in PCOS and helping women feel their best. She likes to share information and helpful tips on her Instagram account.
We know that nutrition is important for all: adults, children, and elderly people. But it is not always easy to keep up with all the information that comes out daily and to use it in your nutrition appointments. These profiles will definitely help you with it!
Alex Turnbull, RDN
- Instagram handle: @thefamilynutritionist
- About: Alex offers realistic strategies for parents who have picky eaters. Whether it’s ending mealtime battles or trying new foods, she provides helpful suggestions to get the family eating on the right track.
Sarah Remmer, RDN
- Instagram handle: @sarahremmer
- About: Sarah is a pediatric dietitian and nutritionist who teaches parents how to raise intuitive eaters. Her Instagram page is a great resource to help parents guide their children to a better relationship with food.
As a dietitian, it is not always easy to know where to find a community that discusses relevant topics for your area of work. Although social media doesn't replace factual, scientific sources of information, it can be a good place to get fresh ideas and learn new things. If you have a professional account on Instagram, you are in the right place to get inspired and increase your contact networks. In this post, we suggest you some dietitians' accounts to follow on this social media platform. From intuitive eating to gut health, and sports nutrition, you can start growing your network starting today.
We are always working toward bringing you the best nutrition content, so we welcome any suggestions or comments you might have! Feel free to write to us at email@example.com.
Haven't tried Nutrium yet? Now is the time! You can try Nutrium for free for 14 days and test all its features, from appointments, to meal plans, nutritional analysis, videoconference, a website and blog, professional and patient mobile apps, and more! Try it now for free!