Trending nutrition topics: where and how to find them
Nutrition information is everywhere, but not all of the trending nutrition topics are backed by scientific research. Here is how you can discover what topics are trending and where to find the most accurate information.
If you spend any amount of time on social media, you know that any hot topic is covered by every influencer regardless of their knowledge or skill level. While there are a plethora of nutrition topics, there is a lot of misinformation surrounding them.
That’s where nutrition professionals come in! Since you have the knowledge, education, and experience, you can seek out these hot nutrition topics and combat any inaccurate information with science-based evidence. Staying on top of current nutrition trends and topics also allows you to increase your credibility as a nutrition expert and discredit any inaccurate advice.
But where can you search for these trending nutrition topics, how can you find them, and is there a way to tell if this information is trustworthy? Keep reading to learn more about the best resources and tips for finding nutrition topic ideas.
The best places to search for nutrition topics
The internet is vast, so it can be challenging to decide where to search for nutrition topics. Here are some of the best places for you to turn to when looking for trendy ideas.
TIP: Find out 7 ways to help you be seen as a nutrition expert.
Academic journals are a perfect way to keep up with the most current research and evidence-based practices. Nutrition-focused journals will include a wide range of interesting nutrition topics, so expand your search by exploring journals specific to your specialty or area of focus.
Many dietitians use blogs to elevate their credibility and deliver quality information to their readers. As such, they may touch on some trending nutrition topics that may also be relevant to your niche. While you should never steal someone else’s idea, you can garner inspiration from them and use that information to inspire future content.
Tip: Here is a list of top dietitians you should follow for nutrition inspiration.
Not using Nutrium yet?
Join more than 200.000 nutrition professionals and try our nutrition software for free.
Government portals and websites will provide up-to-date information on pertinent health topics and public health issues. This is a great place to start when trying to come up with nutrition topics, especially since current health concerns are often discussed in the news.
It seems like everyone has their own podcast these days, and it makes sense–they can be a great source of inspiration as well as information.
For example, many podcast hosts often bring in other experts to discuss trending nutrition topics that go beyond their usual discussions. This offers different perspectives and experiences and can inspire you to learn more about certain topics to further convey to your audience.
You can also check out websites like Podcast Notes to identify what topics are currently trending.
Social media is the hot spot for trending nutrition topics, but it can be difficult to keep up with them. Here are some popular social media platforms that you can turn to for trending topics.
- YouTube: This video platform has evolved into a legitimate source of information. News organizations, medical professionals, and nutrition experts all have their own YouTube channels, and they can be easily found with a quick search.
- Facebook: This platform is great for sharing nutrition information, recipes, and blogs.
- Instagram: This platform has shifted from posts to videos over the past year, but the content remains trendy and engaging. As such, Instagram is a good place to stay up-to-date with what is going on in the nutrition world.
- TikTok: This is the newest social media platform, and it continues to grow in popularity. It has become a favorite among intuitive eating dietitians and those fighting against nutrition misinformation.
How to ensure the information for your nutrition topics is trustworthy
Now that you know where to find trending nutrition topics, it’s important to understand if that information is really trustworthy. After all, the internet is often rife with misinformation and can easily lead consumers astray. So, here are a few ways to check whether the information you see online is correct and worth your time.
- Consider the source. As we all know, anyone can claim to be an expert, and nutrition is no different. Verify the person is who they say they are and double-check their credentials.
- Know the purpose of the website. It is not uncommon for a seemingly reputable source to rely on funding from a business that will benefit from its work. This is common in research and in particular, the supplement industry.
- Search for evidence to back up the claims. The evidence you find should come from reliable sources and credible professionals.
Tip: Learn how to stay up to speed in the world of nutrition with this article.
The internet is often rife with nutrition misinformation and can easily lead consumers astray. As a nutrition professional, you can sort through the noise to provide your audience with the most current and accurate information. Staying on top of current nutrition topics and trends also allows you to increase your credibility as a nutrition expert and discredit any inaccurate advice.
We are always working toward bringing you the best nutrition content, so we welcome any suggestions or comments you might have! Feel free to write to us at email@example.com.
Haven't tried Nutrium yet? Now is the time! You can try Nutrium for free for 14 days and test all its features, from appointments, to meal plans, nutritional analysis, videoconference, a website and blog, professional and patient mobile apps, and more! Try it now for free!